Saturday, May 3, 2014

Update #2

It's been a week plus since my accident. I went to the hospital on Monday, and was told that I'm suffering from a ligament tear and a fracture. Apparently I would never fully recover from it, and that if things don't look good in the future, I might need to undergo surgery to recover a fully functional knee. I would also need to do physiotherapy to aid in the healing of my ligament. Sounds really bleak, but I shall try to be positive about it. 

I am now wearing a leg brace and moving around with crutches. It was hard adapting to the use of crutches because I'd never even tried to use one before. I was also ignorant enough to set the height of the crutches too high for myself. I am now able to move around with the crutches more efficiently. I have also tried walking but I still can't. The leg brace helps a lot with the pain, as it keeps my leg straight. My knee is still swollen, albeit less swollen than on the first day. I am hoping that the swelling will subside quickly.

The main issue that I have now is regarding my examinations as well as my internship. Examinations wise, I have called the office for a better arrangement, so that's settled. But I need to be able to walk for my internship. Sure, I'd have to wear the leg brace. But I need to walk at least. I'm just hoping for the best. 


In the meantime, here's my cute companion!




.
.
.

Lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely
I have nobody for my own
I'm so lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely
Wish I had someone to call on the phone

I'm a soldier, a lonely soldier
Away from home through no wish of my own
That's why I'm lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely
I wish that I could go back home

Letters, never a letter
I get no letters in the mail
I've been forgotten, yeah, forgotten
Oh, how I wonder how is it I failed

Now I'm a soldier, a lonely soldier
Away from home through no wish of my own
That's why I'm lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely
I wish that I could go back home

.
.
.

Can't help feeling so ultra pessimistic nowadays :(

No comments:

Post a Comment